You know how you need to hear something a hundred times in many different ways before it finally gets through to you? Isn’t that how the society’s guidebook is! It is made up of the things we should acknowledge and also many more things shoved under the rug. Everything that’s shoved under needs to be cleaned eventually. We don’t do so and feel overwhelmed or underwhelmed at times. The reason is we live in denial.
Everyone wants something easier to acknowledge than the truth. However, this is also true that once we change our outlook, we are able to handle life better. It’s all in the mind.
Here are a few things we need to accept and mean it!
- We all have our own motives. Ultimately, we are all out there to build our own lives.
- Perfection is a myth. As much as we think that we are right, we are only right as per our own definition. It’s a game of perspective.
- You don’t owe anyone anything. At the end of the day, you need to take ownership and take the right decision for yourself.
- If you don’t believe in yourself, you are only fooling yourself when you think others will have faith in you.
- You don’t have to wait for an apology to forgive someone.
- Everyone is scared of something. Everyone is vulnerable. It’s alright.
- Stuff really is just stuff. It doesn’t define your value as a person but only reflects your choices.
- What you give is what you get. We know it, yet we try to close our eyes to karma.
- Money is not directly proportional to your worth. Remember what’s truly important.
- Being average is not something that’s destined for you. Greatness is achievable but needs patience.
- Things change, often spontaneously. People and circumstances come and go. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.
- It does matter whom you spend time with. You may say you are who you are as an individual. However, mind is impressionable.
- Consistency outperforms raw talent.
What else would you add to the list? What important life lessons do you feel we often forget? Do leave a comment below and share your thoughts.